Global IPTV market is expected to grow at a formidable rate of around 10% during the forecast period. The global IPTV market is driven by the growing demand for videos on service. Additionally, increasing internet proliferation and growing adoption of various smart devices such as smartphones, laptops, iPad, among others has drastically increased the online traffic. This in turn is expected to positively influence the market growth through 2027.
Additionally, change in consumer behavior & demand has led to a shift from cable TV trend to internet streaming thereby positively influencing the market growth over the next few years. Besides, the sudden outbreak of pandemic COVID-19 has led to worldwide lockdown and has made people stay indoors. This has drastically increased the number of viewers streaming online videos and shows thereby fueling the market growth.
Furthermore, ongoing technological advancements coupled with new product launched equipped with options of OTT, video calling, among others by the major players operating in the market is expected to create lucrative opportunities for growth during the forecast period. However, lack of proper infrastructure especially in the emerging countries can hamper the market growth. Also, network congestion and distorted internet speed can further impede the market growth through 2027. Also, issues pertaining piracy and data protection can pose a challenge to the market growth.
The global IPTV market is segmented based on component, device type, offering, transmission method, application, end user industry, company and region. Based on component, the market can be categorized into video on demand (VoD) software, set top box, access system, video head-end encoder system, digital rights management system and others. The video on demand (VoD) segment is expected to dominate the market since it provides the users with an option to choose the programs of their choice, and also to watch them according to their time and convenience.
Regionally, the IPTV market has been segmented into various regions including Asia-Pacific, North America, South America, Europe, and Middle East & Africa. Among these regions, North America is expected to dominate the overall IPTV market owing to the increasing number of viewers streaming online videos and live streaming of online content in the region. While Asia Pacific is expected to register the highest growth in the market on account of the widespread adoption of smart devices and increasing internet penetration across the region.
The major players operating in the IPTV market AT&T Inc., Century Link, Inc., Foxtel, Verizon Communications Inc., Cisco Systems, Inc., Bharti Airtel Limited, Broadcom Corporation, Deutsche Telecom, ARRIS Group, Inc., NTT Communication and others. Major companies are developing advanced technologies and launching new services in order to stay competitive in the market. Other competitive strategies include mergers & acquisitions and new service developments.
Objective of the Study:
- To analyze and estimate the market size of global IPTV market from 2017 to 2020.
- To estimate and forecast the market size of global IPTV market from 2021 to 2027 and growth rate until 2027.
- To classify and forecast global IPTV market based on component, device type, offering, transmission method, application, end user industry, company and regional distribution.
- To identify dominant region or segment in the global IPTV market.
- To identify drivers and challenges for global IPTV market.
- To examine competitive developments such as expansions, new product launches, mergers & acquisitions, etc., in global IPTV market.
- To identify and analyze the profile of leading players operating in global IPTV market.
- To identify key sustainable strategies adopted by market players in global IPTV market.
Download Free Sample Report@
TechSci Research performed both primary as well as exhaustive secondary research for this study. Initially, TechSci Research sourced a list of service providers across the globe. Subsequently, TechSci Research conducted primary research surveys with the identified companies. While interviewing, the respondents were also enquired about their competitors. Through this technique, TechSci Research could include the service providers which could not be identified due to the limitations of secondary research. TechSci Research analyzed the service providers, distribution channels and presence of all major players across the globe.
TechSci Research calculated the market size of global IPTV market using a bottom-up approach, wherein data for various end-user segments was recorded and forecast for the future years. TechSci Research sourced these values from the industry experts and company representatives and externally validated through analyzing historical data of these product types and applications for getting an appropriate, overall market size. Various secondary sources such as company websites, news articles, press releases, company annual reports, investor presentations and financial reports were also studied by TechSci Research.
Key Target Audience:
- IPTV service provider companies
- Market research and consulting firms
- Government bodies such as regulating authorities and policy makers
- Organizations, forums and alliances related to IPTV
The study is useful in providing answers to several critical questions that are important for the industry stakeholders such as service providers, suppliers and partners, end users, etc., besides allowing them in strategizing investments and capitalizing on market opportunities.
In this report, global IPTV market has been segmented into following categories, in addition to the industry trends which have also been detailed below:
- Global IPTV Market, By Component:
- Video on Demand (VoD) Software
- Set Top Box
- Access System
- Video Head-End Encoder System
- Digital Rights Management System
- Global IPTV Market, By Device Type:
- Smartphones & tablets
- Smart TVs
- Global IPTV Market, By Offering:
- Global IPTV Market, By Transmission Method:
- Global IPTV Market, By Application:
- Global IPTV Market, By End User Industry:
- IT & Telecommunication
- Media & Entertainment
- Advertising & Marketing
- Retail & E-Commerce
- Global IPTV Market, By Region:
- North America
- United States
- United Kingdom
- South Korea
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South America
- North America
Company Profiles: Detailed analysis of the major companies present in global IPTV market.
With the given market data, TechSci Research offers customizations according to a company’s specific needs. The following customization options are available for the report:
- Detailed analysis and profiling of additional market players (up to five).
Global IPTV market is an upcoming report to be released soon. If you wish an early delivery of this report or want to confirm the date of release, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Mr. Ken Mathews
708 Third Avenue,
New York – 10017