Office 365 rapidly establishes its roots in the business organization through its various levels of plans for each type of requirement, whether large or small business users. There are plans available to meet any requirement.
There is also the option to choose or modify existing plans based on your needs, which means you only pay for what you use. Government agencies are also migrating from traditional environments to the cloud in order to maximize data available from anywhere in the world.
- Download Now
- Why Should You Export Your Office 365 Shared Mailbox to PST?
- The Best 4 Ways to Export Office 365 Mailbox to PST
- Manually Export O365 Mailbox to PST Using Outlook
- How to Export an Office 365 Mailbox to a PST File Using Outlook
- The Manual Approach's Limitations
- Using Reliable Software, Export Mailbox from O365 to PST
- Some of the Tool's Advanced Features
- How to Export an O365 Mailbox to a PST File
The purpose of this post is not to describe the benefits of the Office 365 mailbox, but to alert Office 365 users to potential threats and outrages. What is the significance of this operation?
It also explains how to manually export Office 365 shared mailboxes to PST using Outlook.
Why Should You Export Your Office 365 Shared Mailbox to PST?
There is no doubt that Microsoft guarantees 99.9% uptime and data security for Office 365. However, we cannot ignore recent security breaches in cloud computing caused by cloud ransomware and other injected techniques.
Apart from that, there are several other reasons, some of which are listed below:
- It will ensure mailbox data availability in order to maintain business continuity during a breakdown or other interruption.
- For forensic examination of selected mailbox data.
- It will be beneficial in terms of compliance and regulatory requirements.
- To make room for more storage, archive the mailbox data. Unless you choose enterprise-level plans, Office 365 plans have a storage capacity limitation.
The Best 4 Ways to Export Office 365 Mailbox to PST
Technically, there are four strategies for exporting Office 365 Mailbox to PST file format.
- This operation is carried out using Powershell commands.
- Using eDiscovery, export Office 365 Mailbox data to PST.
- Using Outlook, convert an Office 365 mailbox to a PST file. Manually
- Export Office 365 Mailbox to PST Making use of software
However, in this post, we will only cover how to export the Office mailbox to PST using Outlook.
Manually Export O365 Mailbox to PST Using Outlook
Utilizing Outlook, the user is able to export mailbox and public folder content to PST on a Windows desktop. The primary requirement for this procedure is that your Office 365 account be set up on your desktop Outlook email client application.
Check that this user has sufficient access to all of the other mailboxes you want to export.
To learn how to configure permissions in Office 365.
After configuring the permissions for other mailboxes, there may be a slight delay before they appear in Outlook (the time taken will depend on the size of the mailbox).
Once your mailbox data has been synced with your account, the rest of the process in Outlook is very simple.
How to Export an Office 365 Mailbox to a PST File Using Outlook
- Start the Outlook application on your Windows computer.
- Navigate to the Open & Export Wizard by clicking File.
- Then select Import/Export from the Open & Export wizard.
- Select the export to a file option from the other available options in import/export.
- When prompted to select a file format, select Outlook data file (.pst).
- Then select the mailboxes and public folder content from Office 365 that you want to export.
- Set the location where the exported files will be saved.
- The exportation of mailboxes has now begun. This will take some time depending on the amount of data and the speed of the internet.
The Manual Approach’s Limitations
- You cannot export all of the mailboxes at once.
- There is no way to import data selectively.
- The manual solution does not permit the selection of multiple folders.
Using Reliable Software, Export Mailbox from O365 to PST
So far, we’ve talked about the manual solution for our operation using MS Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, and 2010, as well as its effectiveness in the following topics. It is clear from that discussion that the traditional approach is adequate for the home or a single user.
However, this method is not appropriate for large organizations. As a result, it is preferable to experiment with and deploy professional solutions such as the Download Office 365 Export tool.
It will provide a plethora of features that will allow you to export Office 365 mailboxes to Outlook PST.
Some of the Tool’s Advanced Features
- Export Office 365 shared Mailbox to PST format with ease.
- MS Office 365 mailboxes can be exported in a variety of file formats, including EML, MSG, and PST.
- Admin login is required for bulk export of Office mailbox data from multiple accounts.
- Emails, contacts, calendars, and tasks from Office 365 mailboxes can be extracted.
- Allows you to export archives or in-place mailboxes to PST.
- Allows you to save Office 365 data selectively.
How to Export an O365 Mailbox to a PST File
To export Office 365 Mailbox emails, contacts, calendars, attachments, notes, and so on to Outlook PST format, follow the steps outlined below.
- Get the software and install the software. Then, sign in with your Office 365 credentials.
- The software will then display a list of all folders associated with that account. Select the necessary folders and then click the Next button.
- Select the Email format in which you want the data exported. PST, EML, and MSG are the three options provided by the software. You can also use the PST Split and Select Categories features. Finally, navigate to the location where you want to save the exported files and press the Start button.
In this blog, we discussed how to use Outlook to export the Office 365 mailbox to PST. The manual solution is adequate for the user, such as a home or a student. However, it is not suitable and simple for large business organizations and inexperienced users. As a result, we also discussed the professional method for exporting an Office 365 shared mailbox to a PST file. Which method is feasible and technically acceptable depends on your requirements.